Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Get Interviewed!!!!!

I have been interviewed!!! Here are my questions and answers:

1. As a lawyer, what is your professional opinion about knitting while on jury duty, either in the jury box or during deliberation? I know that I sometimes get lost in my knitting and miss all the critical issues during one of the 17 Law and Order reruns that I seem to watch in a day, so I would really worry about a juror knitting. In our state-- Oklahoma-- most judges will not even allow the jurors to take notes. I have never seen a juror knit.
2. How long have you been knitting? I believe that I have been knitting approximately 35 years. I am 45 and taught myself to knit at about age 10. My mother, who really only liked babies and teenagers, would not teach me. I learned from a book that I checked out of the library. Somehow I tought myself what is now known as Eastern Combined. When I asked my mom for help, she could not figure out what I was doing. I always believed, until about the last month or two, that I knitted backwards-- whatever that means.
3. Have you ever knit anything for your 17 year old son that he lost? If the answer is yes, did you ever knit for him again? Yes-- when he was about three, I knit him a great cabled sweater. It was red, so naturally, he wore it when we went to an Oklahoma Univ football game. He watched the game on TV at a Norman church that babysat during the game. When we picked him up-- no sweater. I later called the church, but no one saw it. I think that I might have made him one more sweater, prior to presenting him with a brother, that significantly cut into my knitting time!
4. You are a gardener - do you ever find knitting inspiration from the garden, or vice-versa? Yes!! I love color-- especially riotous color, like a cottage garden and hand-painted yarns.
5. What is the strangest thing you have ever knit? No question, the Clappygan. I hate acrylic yarn, but for some reason felt compelled to make the shawl d'jour out of Red Heart. I completely failed to think in any way, about gauge or finished size. Brain fart of the ultimate degree.

This was fun. Hopefully, I'll have pictures to post tomorrow.

No comments: