Friday, May 26, 2006
Here are my answers to the SP 8 questions:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? cottons and wools, but I'll knit with anything. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Most acrylics and most novelty
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I don't really knit with straight needles. My circs are in two different circular pouches, sizes 0-7 in one and 8+ in another.
3. How long have you been knitting? about 30 + years Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Advanced
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? None
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) lavendar, satsuma
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Anything chocolate
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Tennis, reading, sewing, quilting. Do you spin? no
8. What kind of music do you like? Not much of a music lover, but show tunes and standards. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? yes
9. What's your favorite color? pink, or purple, or red--I like all colors, really
10. Family situation: Husband (25 years) 15 yr old son, 18 year old son, two Italian Greyhounds, one 3 one 9
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? shawls, carves, hats, afghans, handbags
13. What are you knitting right now? round Lily Chin shawl, cardi, mobius scarf
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like Circ wooden needles
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes
17. How did you learn to knit? I was about 9 or 10 and have always knit and crocheted
18. How old is your oldest UFO? coupla years
19. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
20. Is there anything that you collect? beads, fabric, craft supplies
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Not really
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? anything and everything
23. Are you a sock knitter? Yes, but I don't really wear socks. I make them for my husband and his golf buddies.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) May 7
I know we are supposed to be anonymous, but I had to post a picture of my family at tonight's graduation. My baby is graduated and ready for college. He is going to Wake Forest and we couldn't be more proud.