Days of Yarn & Roses
I have signed up for Secret Pal 7. Here are my answers to the questionaire!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Actually, I am kind of a yarn snob. I buy yarns like Red Heart occassionally when I need a quick fix, or when I feel cheap, but then when I start to knit with them, I just cannot do it. These yarns have their place, but not often with me.
2. Do you spin? Nope, but I have purchased a drop spindle. Crochet: Yest, but don't really enjoy it anymore?
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?I generally only use circulars or DPNs. I have two needle pouches that I use. One has needles under size 6 and the others are over size 6.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have knit since I was a child. I consider myself fairly advanced. There is not much I cannot do, but I am currently stumped by how to pick up all the gusset stitches on the two socks I have on two Circs. Just trying to learn that technique.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I really like lavender and vanilla right now.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yeah!!! Favorite candy? Anything with sugar in it.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like just about every craft. I quilt, sew, do needlepoint. I also like stained glass.
9. What kind of music do you like? I occassionally listen to opera, but don't really listen to music. I am a Audible book lover. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) yes
10. What's your favorite color? Purple Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Pastels. Any colors you just can't stand?
11. What is your family situation? Married, 25 years, two kids, boys, ages 14 and 18. Do you have any pets? Yes, two Italian Greyhounds.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Right now I am hooked on laceweight and socks. I really like varigated yarns.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Acrylic.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Lace
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Lace shawls and socks
17. What are you knitting right now? Two socks on two Circs, two different lace shawls.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Who doesn't?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? No preference
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes.
22. How did you learn to knit? Taught myself out of a Family Circle Magazine.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? One year... maybe?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Tazmanian Devil
25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
26. Is there anything that you collect?Craft supplies
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None, but I buy most of them--OK, all of them.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Silk laceweight29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I trying to learn 2 socks on 2 circ. I was doing OK until time to pick up the second gussets. Maybe tommorrow.
30. Are you a sock knitter? Yes. What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 9 fat.
31. When is your birthday? May 7
Well, I should be more wordy, but not much time today. Maybe more next time.